The Culd-a-Sac
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Born to Survive

2 posters

Go down

Born to Survive Empty Born to Survive

Post  Nagi Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:20 pm

Jaqu sighed as he leaned against a still rickety wall of the old Stables of the Axel Plantation House. He had purchased his old home back from the city and had already restored the main house and other outbuildings to their once splendid beauty. He had done those quickly and with magic, it had only taken a matter of an hour to restore it all. He had left the stables untouched, these he was determined to restore by hand, no magic. he recalled the sinking feeling in his chest as he had looked at the building that had once been the largest and most elegant boarding house for the most magnificent horses covered in hundreds of years of overgrowth and barely still standing.

Leaning against the wall he smiled slightly to himself. he had managed to pull all of the overgrowth and sticker bushes off and was relieved when he found that the building still stood, most of the walls and stable doors were still somewhat intact. The sun shone through the roof. He chuckled.

"All this hard labor for a building i was forced to maintain and work in for so many countless years." his laugh bounced off some of the remaining walls. He had grown up through so many different centuries over and over again. He had spent most of the time in stasis, asleep and unaware. Each time the Axel family found themselves in a situation to present themselves back into society as a wealthy family he was re-awoken. His memories would be gone and he would start anew. Always in the same role as a stable boy and always feeling as though something was amiss.

Despite his position in life every time he was awoken he truly was unique. Yes he was part of the Axel main family and was born into a more prominent placement than the position he held, but he never knew about it. He was Mirabella's only direct birth child. In a time of Kings and Queens he was born a Prince. He had been kept a secret for his life in hopes to protect him. His father had been unknown to anyone but Mirabella. By keeping him in such a position as a Stable Boy she was able to keep an eye on him and protect him. His father was the most notorious Dark Wizard to have ever existed and Jaqu was a prodigy of a love that should not have been.

But now even with all the knowledge of who his parents were, of being kept a slave he still found being around horses was relaxing and being somewhere he knew in his sleep was refreshing. So restoring the stables was something he was happy to do.

He looked at the beams of sun light dancing on the rotted out floor. He was very quickly mastering the dark wizard magic that had been asleep inside of him until recently. Many had told him it was not possible to learn to control a different type of magic then one he had already mastered, that of the Wolf, but he was determined to be as complete as possible. He worried though about what might happen when he was finally fully awake magically. Would the magic unlock parts of him he didn't know? Or memories that had been hidden from him to protect him? There were so many unknown things that could happen once he had full control.

Nagi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Born to Survive Empty Re: Born to Survive

Post  Kamryn Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:27 am

A soft rustling of leaves filled the silence as Jasper approached. "Looking better everyday." She commented, leaning with ease against one of he stable doors which was still in a state of falling apart. "I would help but.. I feel like this is something you are trying to do on your own with no magic.. bring this place back to life again on your own terms." She knew him well, better than she let on to anyone, even herself. But in truth, he had been her first love. She walked to a nearby empty stall once used for her favorite horse many years ago, feet kicking around the old and fallen dead leaves signalling the brisk cool of winter to come.

"How are things lately> You have been worked to the bone by Tobias.. and with Lark and.. well the other Lark giving you a run for your money.. seems like you are spending more and more time here." She knew his life was not easy now.. he had chosen to leave the Hunters in Sector Seven.. and had left Nightworld behind.. only to be entangled in something far more sinister in America with the Circle. Tobias was fucked up in many ways.. even Mirabella Axel tried to stay clear of the mans games and dealings. "I am always around to talk at least.. I may not be of any use.. but you seriously look like you need to talk, Jaqu.. you look tired all the time.. and even though you have a lot more magic flowing then you did before.. it's like a part of you is going out again.."

She looked down and twirled a foot absently. "I dont want to lsoe you again.."

Kamryn
Admin

https://theculdasac.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Nagi Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:27 pm

Jaqu, didn't jump up, didn't move an inch, didn't even stir when he heard the leaves rustle as someone walked through them. He was simply tired. he had very little energy left and he was pushing himself beyond his means to try and keep busy so that his mind did not wander into issues at hand. He didn't care if whoever was approaching him was there to kill him, he would have let them, would have put up no fight.

He only stirred when he heard the familiar voice. He looked at Jasper as she walked in. It was nice to see a face that was not angry at him, commanding him to do some other crazy mission or a face that required more of him then he could physically accomplish. He smiled at her.

"Thank you for the offer. But this is what i knew for so long and i guess working with my hands again is rather nice." he looked around the stables, amazed at how so much of it had actually survived the years. "there are some days i find myself out here dreaming of the days i used to work in here, of the sneaking out i would do to go for a ride or curl up with a new born. There are even some days i wish it had never ended, that that time was still the present and not the past. Times were simpler then..." he trailed off watching her. "and i had you." his voice was so soft and low that only a vampire would have been able to hear it. He missed her and he still had some desire to be with her, but he also knew that fate had a different path for him to take. He was soul mates with Lark, and only hoped that his Lark would return soon. If she didn't he might find himself crawling back to Arianna, asking her forgiveness. He might even have to kill the leaders of the Circle in order to get out.

"i don't want to loose you either." he said with a smile. He came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her from behind in a hug. He had missed her. And was surprised that he enjoyed the coolness of her skin. They had been only young teenagers when she was taken away by Zae. Sometimes he would think back to that time and every happy moment seemed to be clouded by the mans aura.

Nagi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamryn Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:50 am

Jasper was a little taken aback at his sudden embrace, but remained still.. as still as the dead in his arms. "They were simpler.. but they are not a time we can return to ever again.. even if we did.. we re much older and broken from the world and life." After a few minutes she slipped form his grasp and rested against one of the stable doors. "There is not much I can do to help you now, Jaqu.. but in the end.. you made your choice to leave Nightworld and come here.. you knew it was permanent.. that you could never go back. And now.. now that Lark is in your life.. you feel vulnerable and weak.. find it hard to protect her from herself. " She wrapped her arms around herself, almsot looking like the young fourteen year old he had known.

"I know what it is like to watch the person you love.. just.. change.. just vanish into another self. Wonder why they hurt me.. why they hurt themselves.. why they are haunted by a past so far gone.. all you can do is help them heal. This.. other Lark.. must have something she cannot let go of. The very ancient always do." She ran her hands through her hair and absently played with it as she used to as a young girl, twirling it aimlessly around a forefinger. "If you need to run away from your troubles.. do it here, Jaqu. But don;t run anymore. Running from Nightworld did you no good. You are not the young boy anymore.. you are a powerful being.. I can feel dark magics in you.. "

She stretched then, arching her back as she raised her hands above her head. She sometimes wished as he did to go back.. wondered what would have happened if she had decided to stay in bed like a good girl instead of sneak downstairs into the party.. would Zae have found her? Would she even be alive now? Would her and Jaqu have.. She shook her head, it was not the thing to think of anymore. "I am your friend always Jaqu. Never forget that." She said walking to stand next to him again.

Kamryn
Admin

https://theculdasac.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum